Sunday, February 16, 2014

LOVE is a Creative Game for Week 3 of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 32

Good Morning Everyone! It week number three {the final week} of our current challenge here at Anything But a Card Challenges... so get ready to play and have some fun! The challenge is Tic...Tac...LOVE a fun game where you get to choose your own creative adventure.


The Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #32 - Tic...Tac...LOVE!! Our fabulous team of creatives put our heads together to put a visual twist on a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. The concept is the same... take your pick of three in a row! Don't forget our three little rules {listed on the sidebar or tab at top}.



Please choose your Tic-Tac-Toe row
 to use as your creative mojo!
{either straight across, down or diagonal}


Choose your direction and follow
the key below for square descriptions:

1.) Red
2.) Recycling
3.) Glitter {can be loose or liquid type like Stickles}
4.) Bling it ON! {beads, gems, buttons, sequins and baubles - the sparkly bits}
5.) Heart
6.) Sprays and Mists
7.) Ribbons, Fibers and Trims... oh MY!
8.) Black
9.) Lace

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight February 22nd giving you 1 week to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations next Sunday to keep you inspired.

Let's see what part of our DT has created!!

Please click on the designers' name to visit their blog. We hope you’ll take a minute to go see their work up close... and as long as you’re there – please leave them a little love!




I chose the top row {red, recycled, glitter} for my gift box - although I have to admit that I fudged a little on the red. My 'red' is a rose red, but it still has red in the name!! I did follow the rules a little better on the other two squares! The container is my recycled piece. It once held wedges of spreadable cheese and has been given a new purpose as a little box. I used both glass glitter and dazzling details (glitter glue) to complete the top row. Please visit my blog for more details.
 



While thinking of what I wanted to create and how I wanted to incorporate the challenge into my project, I was actually leaning toward an “un-valentine” theme of some sort – like maybe a wall hanging to celebrate someone’s divorce, but the closer it got to Valentine’s Day the more I wanted to stretch myself and make something happy. While digging through my stash I spied my glass square candle holder the idea just clicked in place! I used the middle line, vertical, for this; Recycled the tin can, my faux velvet heart and the black is the ink. Please visit my blog for more details.


For the 'Tic Tac Toe' challenge I chose the center line, horizontally, which is bling, heart, and mists or inks.  I had a heart shaped candy box hanging around, so I decided it would be perfect for the heart part of the challenge!  The mists came into play on top where I cut up a misted paper doily and used it to decoupage the top of the box.  And of course the bling is very evident on the top.  I decorated the box further with tulle trim, seam binding, and a pretty heart shaped button.  Have you noticed anything familiar about any part of this project?  Come over to my blog to find out what it is!


I used the bottom row: ribbons/trims, black, and lace. The photo was one taken at our wedding (40 & 1/2 years ago)  and the background is predominantly fabric based, with some pearls and blingy bits.  Please visit my blog for more details!

***********************

We hope our designers have you INSPIRED to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see and read about how you've come about your creations. We hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday to a new Spotlight Artist + Mini Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful variety from the Design Team. I love how ideas wander and develop in so many awesome ways.

    ReplyDelete